Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/16/2023

She Said (2022)

This is the true story of two female New York Times reporters who broke the Harvey Weinstein story. It's well-told and well-acted and deals with heartbreaking accounts of women in crisis who have had their lives shattered. 

In theory, this is a really good movie, but the events are a little too recent for it to have any real impact. It feels very much like Bombshell did a few years back. Like "I just heard this story. Give me a minute to forget so I can be surprised and moved anew about what happened." That said, I'm glad this story is being told because, honestly, I was under the impression that Ronan Farrow was first to press.

B

Labels: , ,