Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/25/2023

Don't Worry Darling (2022)

Several dozen families live in typical mid-century planned community out in the desert. The women keep house, shop, cook, and take care of the kids while the men all do top-secret work for the same company. When one of the wives starts to behave unpredictably, Alice notices and starts to question the status quo.

I had to see this just to find out the impact of all the drama surrounding the making of this film. What I found out was that if I hadn't known, I wouldn't have noticed any issues. It was fine though derivative: at times I thought "Stepford Wives?" and at others it was "The Village?" I wasn't really wrong with either of those guesses.

C+

Labels: , , , , ,