Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/01/2023

The Ref (1994)

Burglar trips an alarm at a house in a small community, which scares his getaway driver into taking off. To get off the streets quickly, the burglar forces a couple to drive him to their house until he can sort out what to do. Problem is, the couple is so dysfunctional that they even bicker through their abduction.

I'd seen this more than 25 years ago and rated it low, but have since read enough praise for it that I thought it was worth another watch. What I found out is that I can trust my old reviews! This isn't funny, it's just annoying.

C

Labels: , , , , ,