Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/10/2024

High Life (2019)

A young man and his infant daughter are the sole survivors of a deep space mission. We learn in flashback that the experimental mission was populated with criminals, making it doubly dangerous. The woman in charge was conducting reproductive experiments -- often against the rest of the crew's wishes -- and I was never quite sure whether her experiments were sanctioned or if she was just a weird perv.

There was so much that I didn't understand and the bouncing back and forth in time willy-nilly didn't help. It took me nearly a week to get through this joyless slog.

D+

Labels: , , , ,