Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/03/2002

Artificial Intelligence: A.I. (2001)

If I were an actor, my ultimate goal would be to make it into a film in which I could star opposite Haley Joel Osment. He is beyond good -- he is heartbreakingly believable and I'm excited to see all he'll do.

The story is fantastic while we're at "home." It's pretty good when we're with Joe. It falls apart once the aliens come on the scene. Wasn't it ambitious enough? Did we have to do TWO leaps into the future? And, even though I didn’t actually have to see his manic face, Robin Williams couldn’t help over-hamming it in voice-over.

B+

Labels: , , , ,