Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/09/2002

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)

Much of it made me cringe rather than smile. Joan Cusack overdoes almost all of her scenes – which is kind of funny, considering that acting opposite puppets, it would seem that the more cartoony, the better. But, I'm here to tell you that this is not the case. I think playing it as straight as possible is the ticket (cases in point: David Arquette in this film; Michael Caine in the better Muppet Christmas movie). The only scenes I really enjoyed were those in heaven with David Arquette & Whoopi Goldberg.

D-

Labels: , , , ,