Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/11/2003

Lovely & Amazing (2002)

I was thinking someone had accidentally slipped "Self-Indulgent & Annoying" into my DVD box @ Blockbuster by accident… I was quite put out with all of the characters in the first half. There was no let-up to the parade of the pathetic minutiae of their lives. Fortunately, as their lives pick up, so does the movie.

I have to admit to being extra disappointed because I'm in love with the writer/director's first film "Walking and Talking," and my expectations were probably unreasonably high for her follow-up.

B-

Labels: , , ,