Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/07/2003

Forgotten Silver (1995)

This film seems impossible to categorize…it gets "comedy" by default, but it's a fake documentary done without tongue-in-cheek. It's compulsively interesting, but I don't really see the reason for it. It's not funny...it just seems very real and believable. But why fake something that seems real and believable? Just for the charge of faking people out?

Since I knew from the beginning that it wasn't to be believed, I was waiting for something raucous, a la Spinal Tap. That didn't come and I was impressed, but ultimately let down.

C+

Labels: , , ,