Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/15/2003

Mulholland Dr. (2001)

For such a frustrating film, I was impossibly riveted to the screen. I hate these no-way-to-figure-it-out stories; there's something just incredibly unfair about jerking around an audience like that, in my opinion. Lynch has a habit of doing this, of course, but I got curious and had to give him another try. For the first hour and a half or so, the film seems almost sensible...a little weird, but not too crazy. But then we enter the blue box and things go nuts. I guess it's my fault for thinking I might be on firm ground in a David Lynch movie! Naomi Watts handles a very difficult role extremely well.

D-

Labels: , , , ,