Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/23/2003

American Pie (1999)

The first time I saw this, I was with a girlfriend at the theater and we just laughed ourselves silly. This time, I was with my husband and it just seemed so flat. I don't know if it's one of those movies that only works onceā€¦or if I was just in a silly mood the first time around...? Who knows. It just seemed to be cobbled together and somehow not to be enough. The Oz/Heather storyline was sweet the first time...but not this time. It felt forced and I was quite aware of the lack of talent displayed by the "jazz" chorale.

C

Labels: , , ,