Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/16/2005

Metallica: Some Kind of Monster (2004)

This was pretty interesting…but not nearly as interesting (and explosive) as I thought it'd be. I confess that I knew nothing of the band before I sat down to watch this film and I wonder if that has something to do with my lack of passion for this "inside peek." My interest was more general -- watching how a band finds songs and decides on titles was cool...seeing them psychobabble with a therapist were, for me, the least moving portions.

Gary and I had quite a few "pause & chat" breaks while we watched. We had different sympathies (mine were with Hetfield, his with Ulrich) and that this was a catalyst for talking about what we think are fair expectations in working relationships made it a source of value in an unusual way.

B-

Labels: , , ,