Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/03/2005

Ray (2004)

Jamie Foxx is a gifted mimic - but I never felt anything BUT the mimicry of the performance. Emotionally, I felt nothing…poor writing? Probably. Poor acting? Possibly.

If Foxx wins an award this year, I hope it's for Collateral and not this one (though I doubt I'll get my wish). What a shame the mesmerizing Sharon Warren was ignored in the supporting actress category. Her scenes made me wish I was watching a film strictly about the youth of Mr. Charles and the onset of his blindness. As a whole, the production felt very linear - like a mildly interesting biography I was skimming.

B-

Labels: , , ,