Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/30/2005

Code 46 (2004)

This is an interesting story that got too ambitious for its own good. I felt there was a learning curve and that I spent too much time "catching up." They needlessly peppered the dialogue with well-known foreign phrases (e.g. "Lo Siento") so that for the first 10 minutes or so I thought I was mishearing what was being said.

I don't know...this story warrants a bigger reaction from me than I could muster. I feel as though they opted to cram too much sci-fi "whoa" specificity in (palels, cover, al fuera, convenience viruses) and, as a result, sacrificed some story power.

B-

Labels: , , , ,