Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/16/2005

Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005)

This movie had a few scenes that I thought were as good as anything I've seen on film in the last, well, ever. The highway attempt to save the goldfish ("at least we're in this together") and the relationship in the space of a walked block -- I teared up at that one -- and was crushed at the aftermath.

As amazing and beautiful as those scenes were, I can't think of a single person to whom I could recommend this film without reservation. There are a couple of storylines that nearly everyone I know would find embarrassing and/or sordid.

B+

Labels: , , ,