Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/23/2006

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room (2005)

Here's what I knew about Enron before I saw this doc: there was a big scandal. I know quite a bit more now.

I've never been interested in watching big business news and have never followed stocks -- I wasn't at all sure that this movie would be interesting to me on any level. Despite my ignorance of the subject matter, the movie did a great job of introducing the "players," explaining their jobs in laymen's terms and, finally, exposing the crimes committed.

Extremely well done. Thoroughly engrossing.

B+

Labels: , , , ,