Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/11/2006

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

This was the my second viewing of the film (I wanted my older son to see it) -- the first time I watched it was at least eight years ago.

What I remembered as an amazing, twisty movie simply doesn't hold up to repeat viewings. It's one of those stories like "Jagged Edge" -- once you know, you can't forget. And that's a real shame for two reasons: 1) The unknown is a huge factor in the enjoyment of this film. Too much knowledge makes it impossible to enjoy it in the way it's intended. 2) The movie is so confusing on first viewing that it rather needs to be seen at least twice.

But regardless of whether you admire the movie as a whole, Brad Pitt's performance here should wow even avowed Pitt-haters.

B

Labels: , , , , ,