Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/17/2006

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)

I sure like this movie's moxie. It's got Robert Downey Jr. doing droll narration, Val Kilmer as a P.I. who goes by the name "Gay" Perry (guess why?), a game of name that faux celebrity (e.g.: "Brazilian Billy Bob Thornton"), and an updated noir vibe. I mean, it's hard to dislike a movie that could make me yelp with surprised laughter when I was least expecting it.

Unfortunately, the plot is pretty standard. I felt like I'd seen various pieces of it scattered throughout other movies and episodes of Poirot on PBS. But the actors work their butts off to sell it and, doggone it, I'm buying.

B

Labels: , , , ,