Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/31/2006

Feast (2006)

My 16-year-old son and I were fans of "Project Greenlight," have seen the other two films produced by the show, so we've been waiting eagerly for this last one to come out. It's well worth the wait and easily wins the distinction of being the best movie to come out of the series.

It's a standard plot: group of character types barricade themselves against the scary things that want to eat them, but it doesn't take itself too seriously, for example each character is introduced with a quick on-screen bio, one of which included something like "life expectancy: gruesome death in 70 minutes."

Though the answers to the "who dies when and how" questions aren't predictable, the ending kinda is. This is not a groundbreaker, but it is flashy and fun. My son wound up falling asleep about two-thirds of the way through and when I asked him the next day if I should hold onto the DVD so he could see the end, he told me I needn't bother. I mean, it's fine -- but you're probably not going to want to own it or tell your buddies they've got to see it.

B-

Labels: , , , ,