Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/14/2007

Dial M for Murder (1954)

It's really enjoyable seeing a movie I know well in the company of someone watching it for the first time. I can't help but steal looks every so often to make sure they got just how terrific a certain line was or to make sure they're not napping (a common problem in my husband's case).

This was the fourth or fifth time I'd seen this film, but the first for my older son -- though I doubt it'll be the last. Grace Kelly is just as lovely, the script just as tight, and the detective just as droll as they've always been. Such a reliable movie -- never changes despite my mood or age.

A

Labels: , , , ,