Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/10/2007

Fast Food Nation (2006)

Fast food isn't high quality, hamburger processing plants treat their cows like (gasp) meat, and illegal immigrants have it bad. Oh -- am I supposed to be surprised by this? Did the filmmakers truly think that, at this point, anyone doesn't know this stuff?

OK, so it's not revelatory and its hoped-for shock value is lost. No problem, right? I mean, despite the fact I know that hearts are fragile and that people die and I still can enjoy a good romantic tragedy -- so if they just tell the story well, that'd work just fine. But, no. They screw that up too by packing in way too many characters and chasing three storylines (plus a few quickie tangents), none of them fleshed out enough for me to have felt invested.

The information's too old to impact and the script too unfocused to hook.

C

Labels: , , , ,