Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/13/2008

Atonement (2007)

Here's what I know for sure: this movie is a work of art -- beautiful acting, visuals, story, and score. Gary and I were still talking about it several hours later.

But, without giving anything away, I've still got some confusion over what actually happened. The story is so complex that I'm still not solid on the particulars -- and I know that sounds like it's a Syriana-type "so much is happening that it'd be amazing if anyone DID get it all" type of thing, but it's not. It's organic and the confusion is more about perceptions and intentions than about there being too much story for the space of a movie.

I'm more crazy than ever about James McAvoy -- and a little less annoyed by Keira Knightley now.

A

Labels: , , , , ,