Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/06/2008

Light Sleeper (1992)

I know I've seen this at least twice before, but I never can remember it. Having just viewed it, I can kind of see why it never stuck in my mind before: it's so low-key as to be almost hiding in the shadows, whispering plot into my ear.

It's not bad. Willem Dafoe's a mid-level drug dealer facing a life change as his boss is leaving the business. An ex shows up back in town, throwing him for an emotional loop, and there's a plainclothes cop following him around, making him nervous.

Alright, but really not worth watching three times.

C+

Labels: , , ,