Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/17/2007

My Best Friend (2007)

Antique dealer with limited social skills bets his business partner that she'll meet his best friend within one month or she'll win a prized vase from him.

Although I really enjoyed the man's journey: his slow understanding that those he's considered friends are simply cordial acquaintances and that becoming a friend isn't as simple as he assumed, I couldn't get past the cruelty involved in the bet. See, I don't think there were pure intentions in the bet -- it was meanly made and hurt not only the lead, but the poor guy who was truly growing to like him.

I also felt that the whole "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" plot line was distracting and unrealistic.

B-

Labels: , ,