Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/30/2008

L.A. Confidential (1997)

Third viewing.

A knock-out of a movie with so much going on. It had been nearly ten years since I'd viewed it, but the film has staying power. No matter that I knew how the knots would untangle, I was still completely under its spell. The one exception is that I'm still not enamored with Kim Basinger's performance -- but I also remember how tremblingly grateful she seemed when she collected her Oscar, so I can't be too hard on her.

Loved seeing such a young-looking Simon Baker and being amazed anew at Crowe's versatility.

A-

Labels: , , , , ,