Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/30/2009

Quarantine (2008)

I've seen this type of movie plenty of times before -- but the irritation factor in this one was ridiculous. Electricity's out, so the only way we, the audience, can see what's going on is "Cloverfield" style (via a handheld camera's viewfinder) and there was so much overtalking and screaming that it went way beyond what could possibly be considered reasonable in any situation but especially for a movie where I'm trying to follow a story.

I was annoyed and rarely scared and I wanted to kick the panicky journo (Jennifer Carpenter) who couldn't stop repeat-screaming phrases and the idiot doctors and paramedics who were so slow to catch on that people who are foaming at the mouth/unresponsive or who had BIT THEIR MOTHERS IN THE NECK probably shouldn't be approached as though they're simply confused.

D+

Labels: , , ,