Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/26/2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)

Improves not only on the first movie, but also on the source material by a considerable margin.

Kristen Stewart actually does a decent job of portraying the depression of heartbreak and the recklessness of someone who cares nothing for herself. The "I see my missing boyfriend every time I do something dangerous" sequences that were mind-bogglingly ridiculous in the book are translated into something surprisingly beautiful and understandable onscreen.

The problem? Robert Pattinson. Every line is delivered as though he's working to hold back a sneeze and his make-up was CRAZY. Dude looked as though he'd just finished a passionate session with a cherry popsicle. I really don't understand how this guy landed the part. To my eyes, he's the opposite of magnetic -- maybe the limited Pattinson is why this installment worked so well.

B

Labels: , , , ,