Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/21/2010

Rescue Dawn (2007)

This movie had me asking myself what had ever made me think Christian Bale could act. He's so broad here, it's almost like a Forrest Gump character...but both smarter and more retarded (and, yes, I know that doesn't make sense, but neither does this portrayal). He's like a idiot McGyver stuck in a movie told with little finesse or build.

I did a little research about this movie afterward because I was curious as to what REALLY happened. Turns out that the families of the POWs involved were not at all happy about the creative liberties taken with the story -- considering that the changes only made for a less believable, more annoying story, that was a pretty crappy move.

D

Labels: , , ,