Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/21/2011

The Social Network (2010)

Uh, hi. I'm one of the 112 people under the age of 70 who don't have a Facebook account. But, even though I've never been "poked" or "liked" something or written on someone's wall, I found this movie fascinating.

A smart kid puts together a website that becomes wildly popular and then gets sued by his former partner who seems to have been tricked out of his share of the profits and some other guys who claim he stole the idea from them. Most of the film is told in flashback. We get a little bit of around-the-boardroom-table legal stuff and then a little bit of campus stuff. And then a little more legal stuff and followed by some whirlwind partying/working scenes. Then more boardroom...well, you get the idea.

It all moves along at a clip and was quite a lot of fun. I wish I knew if what I saw was anywhere near the truth, though.

A

Labels: , , ,