Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/07/2011

Cinema Verite (2011)

When I’m reading a true-life account of anything, I always flip to those glossy pages in the middle of the book to get a look at the photos of the people involved. Even when I don’t care about the subject, I’m fascinated by the real faces.

Cinema Verite does a great job of weaving in actual footage of the Louds, America’s first reality family, throughout the re-enactments for the film. It’s a decent movie, but without the constant reminders that this stuff really happened -- these are real people -- I wouldn’t have been very interested.

C+

Labels: , , ,