Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/30/2011

Thespians (2010)

Not quite as good as the in-the-same-vein Make Believe -- mainly because most of the kids seemed less passionate about acting than about being on stage (but I guess that’s par for the course for thespians).  Still, I was invested in the big competition and definitely rooting for some over others.  Melanie from Orlando, pictured, was a particular acting standout (she's in the duet piece from Danny and the Deep Blue Sea; if you see this you'll know what I mean).  I won’t be surprised if she makes it as her talent seems natural and built to go beyond her teen years.

One observation: teachers of high school students seem to have the group mentality of high school students...like they're clique leaders who wrest control but still desperately want to be liked.

B-

Labels: , , ,