Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/07/2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011)

I’m pretty sure that Steve Carell can only imitate himself (i.e. Michael Scott), because -- with the exception of Anchorman (which, come to think of it, may have simply been Michael Scott with an IQ of 60) -- I’ve never seen him do anything else.

Despite his predictable presence, however, the movie is pretty good. It’s at its best in the far too few scenes that put ladies' man Gosling and down-to-earth Stone together -- I wanted them to be the entire movie. They earned an “A” in interesting and endearing while the rest managed to be merely fine.

B

Labels: , , , ,