Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/31/2012

Somewhere (2010)

Empty life of a Hollywood star is much different when his tween daughter visits...making the days he spends without her meaningless.

I was uncomfortable with the double life he was leading and a little skeeved out by the string of women in and out of his bed, especially because he's a dad with an "on the cusp" daughter.  But that was the point, I'm guessing, and I certainly had no difficulty getting it.  So, even though the movie was hard to take, it wound up being a very real picture of how being able to have whatever you want can rob you of your ability to identify what it is that you really want.  That's a pretty deep and meaningful lesson from a rather shallow lifestyle.

Labels: , , ,