Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/08/2012

My Week with Marilyn (2011)

Yes, Michelle Williams does a great job, but the story itself seems more than a little questionable.  I mean, how can we be sure how much of this actually happened?  The narrator is a star-fucker, pure and simple, and I don't put it past him to create a relationship out of a few smiles tossed his way.

Near the end of the film, Monroe tells him “thanks for being on my side,” but I'd say that he was only on his own side, using her fame to rub a little on himself and carry him through half a century.  Gross.

C+

Labels: , , ,