Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/18/2012

The City of Your Final Destination (2010)

Felt like more of a mood than a movie, but it did a good job of catching me up in it.

A young college professor gets a “no” from the estate of the dead author about whom he wants to write a biography, so he sets off for the Uruguay residence in an attempt to change their minds.  Instead, the land and the people change more than his mind -- his entire mindset is altered.  But too soon his girlfriend shows up and pops the bubble.

This made me wonder if I ever truly allow myself to experience new places or if I, like the girlfriend, wind up simply pushing aside the magic of a place in favor of my familiar comforts.

B+

Labels: , , ,