Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/27/2012

The Lie (2011)

A former free-spirit is having the spirit slowly crushed out of him by his tedious job with a horrible boss and his wife’s surprise decision to take a corporate job. In order to get a day to decompress, he tells his boss he can’t come in because his infant daughter is sick. When he wants even more time off, he escalates his excuse - without considering the consequences - to the lie that his daughter has died.

It’s a little too low-key and took a while to get going, but I ended up being on-board with both the message and the movie. I don’t think all corporate gigs are evil or anything, but I do believe that we’re happiest when we’re honest about our needs. I especially liked the denouement.

B

Labels: , ,