Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/26/2013

The Conjuring (2013)

Man -- I was so READY for a good scare...but this, unfortunately, was really disappointing to me. I can’t get into a movie that the camera work keeps me out of, and I could barely look at the screen for the first half hour or so as the ever-moving camera meant that I never got a good focus on anything. If the movie had paused after the first 30 minutes or so, I wouldn’t have been able to pick ANY of the daughters out in a line up...it was worse than the dizzying catwalks on Project Runway.

I actually do believe that demonic activity is real, so this should’ve been right up my alley scare-wise, but instead the frights felt overdone.  I’m surprised that the family endorses this as being fairly accurate, because it seemed fairly eh.

C+

Labels: , , , ,