Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/26/2014

Hollidaysburg (2014)

This is the other film from The Chair -- and I can’t believe it started with the same script that Not Cool did as the two films are complete opposites.

I thought there were quite a few problems with this film, but the main ones are that the story is too fractured to follow and that the two main girls look too much alike, which made it difficult to keep them straight, especially since the character names weren't used enough. Having watched the doc on the movie, I was also annoyed throughout as I found the director to be wishy-washy and I think her lack of confidence showed up on screen -- though, to be fair, it turned out much better than I anticipated.

In the end, it was simply boring and didn't have much to say. I couldn’t figure out who should be together so I didn’t feel invested at all in who GOT together. A waste of time.

C-

Labels: , , ,