Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/31/2015

The Judge (2014)

This would have been almost laughable if I hadn’t wasted more than two hours of my life on it. It was just so lazy: almost all of it annoyed me, but the rain man brother was a particular problem. He was both super literal ("What line were we in when they were handing out testicles?") and able to understand subtext ("He didn’t mean that"). I don’t think the screenwriter has ever actually been in the same room with a person who processes information differently than most.

Also, the judge presiding over the big trial seemed to go to the Law & Order school for judges, letting, you know, WHATEVER go on when witnesses were in the box.

D-

Labels: , , , ,