Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/15/2015

We Are the Best! (2014)

A couple of non-conformist junior-high girls in the ‘80s start a band on a whim and recruit another social outcast for her talent on the guitar. Though the story is Danish, it felt so dang familiar. I was in junior- and senior-high in the early ‘80s and always felt like I was invisible to guys and struggling to learn the rules of social life that most others seemed to understand naturally. I remember the friends I had and how all-consuming yet fragile those relationships could be -- this movie somehow captured all of that & made me feel all of those emotions as though they were close enough to touch.

An amazing time capsule. Loved it.

A

Labels: , ,