Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/23/2015

Time Lapse (2015)

Three roommates discover a camera that takes polaroids 24 hours into the future and decide to use it to benefit themselves financially.

The budget is low and the actors a bit inexperienced, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Gary and I were kind of confused about what happened at the end, so I went searching for explanations and it looks we weren’t alone. After considering the possibilities, I don’t believe there’s a flaw in the story at all -- but that doesn't mean there wasn't a definite flaw in the telling. You’ve failed as a storyteller if most people can't make sense out of the denouement.

B-

Labels: , , , ,