Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/21/2018

I, Tonya (2017)

Let me get this out of the way first: who thought that Robbie was gonna be able to pass for 15 years old? Because that person is nuts.

The movie was weirdly fun, but way too often I felt like the takeaway was “Ha Ha -- poor people are ridiculous,” which didn't sit too well with me. I came away thinking that skaters should be given a uniform and be required to slick their hair into a bun so that the talent could shine, just like it does in almost every other sport. Someone's outfit/hairdo is a ridiculous metric to include when judging sport.

B

Labels: , , , ,