Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/23/2018

Molly's Game (2017)

This was a really good movie except for the Sorkin speak. Though it gets on my nerves in West Wing, it’s almost more forgivable there since I can imagine that those people are all geniuses, and also very close to each other and -- conceivably -- could have honed their speech patterns to match each other's.

“I say something witty.”
“Now I say something equally witty back way faster than I should.”
“I play off your witticism also extremely quickly.”
“I don’t even have to think about what you just said, I quip instantaneously.”

That’s not to say that the dialogue isn’t great, it’s just not in any way realistic. But the story? Fantastic.

B+

Labels: , , , ,