Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/07/2019

The Lighthouse (2019)

An experienced lighthouse keeper and his new-to-the-job assistant are left alone at a remote lighthouse to keep it burning. The old man is abusive and territorial while the younger seems to just want to do the job... until he starts to lose his mind. And maybe the older is losing his mind too? Or perhaps this is just a really bad movie. The whole thing just felt like listening to someone recount a dream that they're no longer able to recall clearly.

We saw this in a theater with three other people: a couple and an older man there on his own. The couple left after about 20 minutes, so I declare them the winners. When the film was over, the older man turned to us and said "I was gonna leave when the other ones did, but I thought I might as well see how it ends." He said this in a tone that made it clear that he believed he'd made the wrong decision.

D

Labels: , , , , ,