Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/28/2019

Fighting with My Family (2019)

Based on a true story about the daughter in a British "wrestling family" breaking into the American WWE. Although the drama back home felt a little too manufactured (sibling rivalry, the single-mindedness of the family), the drama of what it takes to make it in the WWE was fascinating.

Florence Pugh is very good as Paige, a true talent who doesn't know how to fit in with the girls selected more as eye-candy than for their know-how. Her struggle made me respect the rigors of what I've thought of as just a show. It's a very entertaining ride.

B-

Labels: , , ,