Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/30/2019

Glass (2019)

David Dunn is living the vigilante life and is especially interested in finding the person behind several recent murders. When he does so, both he and the suspect are locked up in the same hospital as Dunn's nemesis, Elijah Price.

Though there's a bit of a twist at the end (of course there is) that somewhat makes sense of the more frustrating elements of the film, by the time it arrived I was too annoyed to accept it. Basically, Unbreakable is a fantastic movie. Split isn't bad. Glass is decidedly not good.

That said, McAvoy should be recognized for the phenomenal work he does here. Just as he did in Split, he creates fully formed characters with his voice, mannerisms and expressions -- I never had any confusion about which personality I was seeing. I know Oscar will ignore him, but that's a real shame. It's a brilliant performance.

C

Labels: , , , ,