Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/18/2020

The Lovers (2017)

Mary and Michael have been married for a long time and the spark has gone out. They barely show any interest in each other, let alone have a physical relationship. Each has their own cubicle job and a serious affair going on. Each has even independently decided to leave the marriage and to tell the other during their college son's upcoming visit. But then the spark randomly reignites. And they find themselves lying to their side pieces in order to be with their spouse.

I liked the couple and where things were going. I was rooting for them. But then... it went a bit off the rails when the son came into the picture. I don't know what would actually happen if this were a real-life situation, but I doubt it would've been this. I was really disappointed.

B-

Labels: , , , ,