Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/01/2020

Breath (2018)

Best friends who are only best friends because there's no one else around (as is the case for most childhood friendships) catch a ride from some surfers and become instantly enamored with the sport. Soon they've got their own second-hand boards and are spending every moment they can on the water. But it's when they fall in with Sando -- a professional surfer -- that they really begin to push themselves.

I remember being left out. I remember having secrets I shouldn't have had. This movie simply got that "in-between" point: where you feel so much more grown-up than you are, but still have the comfort of childhood for a retreat. There was one clanging false note for me, but I still recommend this.

B

Labels: , , , ,