Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/02/2020

The Invisible Man (2020)

Cecilia is so terrified of her tech genius boyfriend Adrian that she has to drug him in order to escape in the middle of the night. Even then, she hides out at a friend's house -- scared to walk outside lest he find her. But, when news breaks that the he has committed suicide, she is finally able to relax...until she becomes convinced that Adrian might not be as gone as everyone thinks.

This is one of those "everyone turns against a person who has, to this point, been trustworthy" movies. For example, a mean email breaks a lifelong sisterly bond... when would that ever happen?? If I received a message from my sister that said "I never want to see you again," etc. and then she showed up on my doorstep saying that she never wrote that, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. I mean, duh.

It's also one of those movies where everything was given away in the trailer. It's a fine jump-scare movie for 13 to 15-year olds, but everyone else has probably seen this type of thing done better before.

C+

Labels: , , , , ,