Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/15/2020

Outside In (2018)

After spending 20 years in prison, a man in his late-30s struggles to adjust to life on the outside. His closest ally is a former teacher who worked for years to secure his release.

I've seen enough ex-con stories to know that the deck is stacked against them. It's hard to find a job, it's difficult to feel yourself a burden to your family who've gotten used to you not being around, and so much has changed (e.g. the ubiquitousness of cell phones). This cast is perfect and they created hope in me, even as I knew there was unlikely to be a "happily ever after."

B+

Labels: , ,