Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/01/2021

Soul (2020)

Joe is a middle-aged part-time band teacher with dreams of performing for a living. On the day he gets his big break, he also has a big fall, which puts his soul on the way to the hereafter. But Joe isn't ready to go yet. When he meets up with a soul who has refused to leave the "Great Before" to become a life on earth, they decide to help each other.

It's a sweet movie with wonderful ideas that never really get "colored in" enough to make the kind of impression that they should. I thought about it for a while after I watched, but not because I was moved -- because I was mentally editing it to be more powerful.

B

Labels: , , , , ,